We conducted detailed research of Malaysia’s Facebook Insight Statistic for 8 specific industries to reflect those brands’ social performance on Facebook with real Malaysians’ social behavior in the fourth quarter of 2018. The 8 industries covered were Banking, Beauty, Chain Restaurants, Education, Hospitality, Medical & Health, Real Estate and Retail Stores.
It is critical for brands to verify if they are indeed on the right track, even if its their own Field, consumers are evolving everyday. With that in mind we decided to provide a social guide of sorts for brands to learn about their position on social media.
We discovered interesting statistics in the Malaysian market as below:
- Malaysia ranked 5th among South East Asian countries with over 24 million users on Facebook
- During the period, 56% of men and 44% of women were using Facebook.
- 37% of Facebook users were between 25 and 34 years old.
- Kuala Lumpur had the most active users on Facebook, followed by Johor Bahru and Shah Alam, consequently.
We also have interesting statistics for each industry as below:
- Banking is the most active industry in terms of the highest postings per day and per month.
- Retail Store brands had the highest engagement from consumers compared with the other industries.
- Consumers engaged less at the end of 2018 for the Education industry as the total engagement dropped by 31%.
- Medical & Health may not have been a forerunner in terms of volume of posts however this industry appears to be a favourite for sharing by consumers at 26%.
- For further study, please fill in the form below to get the full report for FREE now.
Wisesight Insights Report is now available for download. Please fill-in your information in the form below to get the report.