JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare product and service marketing strategies and action plan to communicate and promote key propositions in order to achieve the company’s target and positioning
- Provide integrated marketing solutions across customer channels and strategic channels, contributing to in market action plans
- Analyze customer understanding/perception and ensure all marketing and product are designed to deliver key messages and propositions to customers
- Update competitor analysis on a regular basis and analyze competing offers and products/services
- Prepare motivation programs to boost sales volume and engage employee loyalty
- Look for opportunities, strengths, weaknesses and obstacles in the competitive space in order to counter and provide solutions
- Plan and control budget within a plan in order to maximize efficiency in use of funds for marketing
- Analyze performance with marketing strategies to align with business direction establish market position
- Improve product messaging to set new products apart from others in the market and give them a unique selling point
- Communicate the vision, positioning and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Lead and plan the launch of new services and products, involving and engaging different departments
- Build team & up skills
The key skills typically required for a successful product marketing manager include:
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. Build team spirit, involve and engage teams, build trust, empower sales team, promote learning.
- Communication skills: The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels. Create credibility for our product and services.
- Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Marketing Strategy or similar role.
- Background in Technology Products and Services or Digital Agency is a Plus.
- Experience in B2B.
- Familiar with product marketing tactics. (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of marketing analytics tools. (Google Analytics, Facebook Insight, etc.,)
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Have knowledge about Agile is a plus.